7/25/16

In Heat

We wrecked to Amy Lee singing about cancer
She was moaning the words of a dead man
You were talking about coffee
But such times were not our defining moments

I came home once and found you listening
to our neighbors fucking hard against a wall
Movie muted and cheeks flushed
You were never more attractive to me

Sometimes you took your top off in the hot tub
Then let me ponder the possibilities
before you walked into the sauna
as though I wouldn’t follow

Stargazing often turned to gentle sex
in the back of your S.U.V.
And it was never the full moon
that had you on all fours

You asked me to cum inside of you
at the end of the third date
I begged you to be my girlfriend
the next time you failed to ask

Getting you off was the highlight
of any given day
You’d make me late to work
and then tell me to hurry home

Your subtle scent would keep me drifting back
to the place I was last inside you
Tying my thoughts in knots
all the afternoon long

We were almost asleep on my grandmother’s couch
the first time you told me you loved me
I was late picking you up from the airport
when I first realized you were likely to leave

And of all the good and bad remembered
Of all the gray in-between
Not a single day passes where I don’t wish
that I could know your pleasures once more

Poetry from Majestria by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment