8/23/16

Last Words

Dear Mom,
I did the dishes, but forgot how to read.
Your boss called about that raise.
He makes me laugh. I like that.
Is he ever really leaving his wife?

Hey Dad,
Your life misses you.
I went fishing, but it wasn’t the same.
Where’s the child support you promised?
Must’ve dreamed that up, the way I dreamed you.

Say Sis,
How’s insanity treating us?
Are you using your birth control?
I can’t decipher my mood ring,
and we just buried your dog.

My Love,
We’re nothing but dreaming.
The world doesn’t wait for anyone.
The sadness inside of me: all smiles.
The songbird’s gone back in time.

P.S.-
I’m losing my fever.
God’s not talking to me anymore.
The stars started falling instead of shooting.
My oil needs changed.
I died in my sleep,
and it’s... about time.

Poetry from Fancy Gravity by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment