8/10/16

The Cerulean Royal (eighth entry)

Breathe in and draw blood
Do not be afraid to scream
Rain down on my page

Ink would be my flood
I'd paint you from coal to cream
Ripe at any age

Fear nothing but me
Fall asleep beneath a tree
And I will eat you

Do not stop us here
Feel the light within your ears
And death can't cheat you

Blue as ocean skies
You make up for what I lack
Remind me to yearn

Bare those godless eyes
Sugary as all hell's black
Be not swift to burn

Kissing lips will vex
Temples of music and sex
We, the stuff of stars

My tongue wants to touch
For my fingers taste too much
Only this is ours

Welcome, we will fall
Growing conscious by the dawn
Where choice becomes fate

Open slow and call
Let the butterflies pass on
Time...she will not wait

Poetry from POETiCA by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment