8/7/16

The Heart Is Always Bleeding

By now I’m sure she believes
that I’ve forgotten all about her
But all I’ve left behind me
is a future lived without her
The easy part is knowing
that I’ll never stop feeling this way
But she’s not here to look in my tears
and see what I can’t say
And though the heart is always bleeding,
the mouth can’t always speak
That’s what she doesn’t understand
That’s why she thinks I’m weak
That’s also why I have to call her
Let this bleeding heart be heard
Communicate the love I was left with,
even if I can’t speak the word
Silent may be the only way
for us to have this conversation
Either way, I need her to know
that she owns my dedication
She’s the reason that I feel guilty
when I try getting on with my life
She’s the excuse I have for avoiding
any woman who’d make a good wife
My heart is always bleeding
one love it just hides away
Until the girl crawls back under my skin
and feels what I’m trying to say

Poetry from Ink and Emotion by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment