9/27/16

Corner Store

I’m loving her with my broken heart
No, I’ve had no time to heal
But she believes (she’s got to believe)
that each time she touches me
part of me is made new
Every impulsive giggle, making her man

I finally learned that doves are deadly
Now there’s a blue Jay mocking me;
terrified of my hidden meanings
And she can hurt me all she pleases,
but will never leave me longing
That’s the only reason I’ll require right now
There’s a woman in these arms,
and that alone holds promise

I compromise nothing
I listen, linger, and love
I’ll see the blackened blue through
to feel our heartbeats race in sync;
(like horses in summer sonnets)
once Valentine’s Day dies,
and leaves us alive

Poetry from Fancy Gravity by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment