9/1/16

I Listen

Your ghost broke my mirror at 11:36
I went to bed without crying,
and my feet refuse to stay warm

Your empty shoes tie me in knots
I bathe yet can’t get clean,
for my love is caked on;
on hold, and the cup’s half-empty

(Hey!) You resign and I’ll retire,
then we’ll run back to the beginning (Okay?)
to laugh at the war of this world

Just...
be strong, kiss me,
or be feeble and friendly
Bite back, bend over
backwards... for me

As long as you say I’m not yours
I won’t be a believer
You’re a liar; a loner with too much to lend
I want you tonight, ya know?
.
For when the heart is breaking
we wish it were broken
And I live in tomorrow, since today I’m denied

Four roses arrive without a whisper
Their silence: screaming
as though we were to blame
But no

Poetry from Fancy Gravity by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment