9/19/16

It's Never November Without You

The nights continue to get colder,
and I hate it now more than ever
Having to admit
that I don’t know who you’ve become
has taken more time than I thought I’d be given
But, here I am... still
And I haven’t forgotten you
like my mother once assured me I would
I’m no longer insecure,
but I’m a far cry from confident
...
I so want to believe
that all of those pictures I drew for you
are still covering your walls,
or that you long to have them there again
if they’re not
For you’re the girl I think of
when I hear a pretty word;
all of those cute, little terms
I was always too shy to give you
And there’s enough distance between us now
to hide everything we once had
All I want you to know,
though I’m sure people are tired
of hearing me say it,
is that I miss waking up to a world with you in it
I should be glowing this late in the year,
but it’s never November without you

Poetry from Ink and Emotion by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment