9/27/16

The Essence of Us All

Come lay by me under the cover of night,
and let me be a waking child
on Christmas morning
Swim with me among the sparks which were born
when our flames first kissed;
strengthening the breeze,
flirting easy on the stream
For conviction is beautiful when it has a purpose;
when it believes in more than itself
So revel in whatever your dreams desire,
but light your life with me

No one will ever love you like I do,
and nobody loves you as much
There will always be room here for you;
in my heart, and in my world,
because I’m not quite me without you
...
So lay with me under these covers,
where you have nothing else to prove
For if I could die holding you
I’d know
that I had no more living to do

Poetry from Nevermore Forevermore by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment