10/6/16

Bury the Heart, Save the Love

I go to the graveyard to be alone
I sleep to get away from my dreams
The sun’s begun to set in the east,
and I no longer know what I’m running from;
I only know that I can’t stop
My scars are afraid of the light
My only security is the night
My smile left a long time ago,
and I no longer know where it was going;
I only know that it wanted away from me
This is where they told me
This is where they cut me
Lives are lost in the real world,
and I no longer know where home is;
I only know it’s what you are
Perhaps it’s where you were
Perhaps you left it there for me
Perhaps you haven’t gone at all
I no longer know why I’m crying;
I only know that I don’t want to stop
For beyond my reach is what you are
So without you is where I’ll be

Poetry from Thought-Box by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment