10/24/16

Keeping Her Warm

Baby, why’ve you been crying?
It’s safe to talk with me
You can let it hurt with me
I’ll never use your tenderness against you
Your tears are uniquely guarded;
kept secure in this lockbox heart

And, to tell the truth, I’m as scared as you
But I’m better than I’ve ever been
at hiding and holding in the tears
Why? For being back in love with you

And this is your home, I am your home
You needn’t only visit when you’re meant to stay

I drew your bath, and lit your candles,
fell asleep in your hair, and awoke in your skin;
where it was okay to know pain like a child
We wilt and rock in the beds of Mother Earth;
on the shorelines of time, for the gods that we are
(to become) Your haven:
Just believe,
and I am

Poetry from Fancy Gravity by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback now on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment