1/9/17

Aged Affection

I have been so overwhelmed
by your nubile smile, that I
can no longer appreciate
the lesser allure of nature's body

I am chained to a moment
which is all but lost to the odds
In it, I am content to hold you near,
and silently exchange the lover's prayer

I think of the fire in your chest
trailing smoke on those wintry lips
And there is madness enough within me
to risk my shelter by sampling your warmth

I am only a slave to the yearning
that you detonate like freedom within me
Many people have died for less
Not any have lived for more

I sleep in the dizzy center
of a drunken heart, pumping wine
But I would gladly shoot your kissable dope
right into what's left of my brain

I am under your hungry skin, when
all I planned was to go over it with my own
So invite me into that maidenly bed,
and I will touch you to no end

Poetry from A Bar in Brooklyn by Shane Windham
E-book and paperback coming spring of 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment